What are the benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management?
- Identify risks and put controls in place to manage or reduce them
- Flexibility to adapt controls to all or selected areas of your business
- Gain stakeholder and customer trust that their data is protected
- Demonstrate compliance and gain status as preferred supplier
- Meet more tender expectations by demonstrating compliance
More Features ….
- Interoperability – The idea is that systems from diverse parties are more likely to fit together if they follow the guidelines.
- Assurance – Management can be assured of the quality of systems, business unit, or other entity if framework or approach is followed.
- Due Diligence – Compliance with, or certification against, and international standard is often used by management to demonstrate due diligence.
- Bench Making – Organization often use a standard as a measure of their status within their peer be used as a bench mark for current position and progress.
- Awareness – Implementation of ISO 27001 can often result in greater security aware for the organization.
- Alignment – Because implementation of ISO 27001 (and the other ISO 27000 standards) tends to involve both management and technical staff, greater IT and Business alignment often results.