1- Why Obtain Accreditation
Accreditation is the independent evaluation of conformity assessment bodies against recognized standards to carry out specific activities to ensure their impartiality and competence. Through the application of national and international standards, government, procurers and consumers can have confidence in the calibration and test results, inspection reports and certifications provided.
2- Project Steps
ISS provides all support to all kinds of laboratories in all the activities that are required for the laboratories to obtain, maintain and extend their accreditation according to ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO 15189. Our support can be in the following forms:
A comprehensive project to qualify the laboratory towards accreditation. This includes the following:
- Gap analysis of the laboratory activitiesto assess the level of compliance in the laboratory with the requirements of the standard.
- Training of the laboratory staffin all aspects required to increase their capabilities in establishing and maintaining management systems in their laboratories.
- Establishing management system including all the required documentation as required by the relevant standards.
- Direct assistance and supervisionon establishing and implementing the laboratory technical activities competently as well as implementing the laboratory management system and accumulating the records required for accrediting the laboratory activities.
Coaching in one or more of the activities required for accreditation. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coaching in Quality Documentation Development
- Application of Quality Control Measures
- Measurement Uncertainty
- Selection of appropriate PT scheme
- Organization of Inter-laboratory Comparison
- Internal Audits
Technical support that includes but not limited to the following:
- Operation and troubleshooting of test equipment
- Validation and adaptation of the methods
- Estimation of uncertainties
- Interpretation and reporting of testing results